Pre-conditions for the mobile phone dialler
The device can be used with either a pay-as-you-go SIM card or a contract SIM card (no DATA SIM card). It makes sense to use a SIM card from the provider with the best coverage in your area.
Tip: If you have more than 15 births per year, we would advise using a contract SIM card. Pay-as-you-go SIM cards should have credit added to them at least once a year so that they are not de-activated (For an explanation please see the section Instructions for using a pay-as-you-go SIM card).
You will need a SIM card with quad band GSM 850, 900, 1800 or 1900 Mhz network.
Activating the mobile phone dialler
Warning: Before switching on your mobile dialler, insert the SIM card. Do not interfere with an activated mobile dialler (i.e. insert or remove the SIM card)!
- You will need a MICRO-SIM for the current model of the mobile dialler. Mobile diallers purchased before 2017 require the original SIM card format (Normal-SIM). NANO-SIMs cannot be used with any device.
- In order to activate it, first insert the SIM card into a mobile phone.
- Then, first deactivate the PIN on the SIM card if it has one!
SIM cards with an activated PIN prevent the mobile dialler from being activated. The mobile dialler system does not allow a PIN number to be set.
- Phone someone (family, friend etc)! This will activate the SIM card.
- Make a note of the mobile phone number of the SIM card!
Then take the SIM card out of the mobile phone and insert it into your mobile dialler, and then switch on the mobile dialler.
Instructions for using a pay-as-you-go SIM card
If you choose the pay-as-you-go version, please follow the instructions below.
- The mobile dialler will not work without credit!
- Learn how to check the current credit balance on your SIM card.
The pay-as-you-go contract will state how you can check your credit balance (e.g. *100# in Germany, *101# in the Netherlands).
Please give us the code by e-mail or phone. We will program your SIM card. This way you will then be able to check your credit balance via a text message.
Your mobile dialler must be switched on during the installation process. If you are using a pay-as-you-go SIM card, we would recommend a minimum credit balance of 10.00€.
We require the SIM card’s phone number as well as 3 more phone or mobile phone numbers which are to be stored in the mobile dialler.
- Please ensure that credit is added to the pay-as-you-go card once a year! Otherwise the provider will, in general, deactivate the SIM card after 12 months. This means that your mobile dialler can no longer work. The lights on the device will not show you whether the SIM card is still active or has already been switched off.